IMPORTANT NOTES. YOU ARE ADVISED TO READ THESE NOTES AS THEY WILL FORM PART OF YOUR AGREEMENT.
Initial Consultations will be arranged at consulting rooms at Hospitals or Clinics in France or Belgium. Any surgery to be undertaken is entirely at the discretion of the Surgeons Doctors or practitioners at those Hospitals or Clinics, whose decision for suitability for any surgery is final. Any costs incurred by the client prior to, and following the intended surgery are the client’s responsibility. Every effort is taken to ensure that you are suitable for surgery prior to your initial Medical consultation. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that all facts which may be relevant are disclosed in advance, including any previous surgery or medical conditions.
Laser Clinics (France) Ltd and/or associated Companies (Herein after referred to as “The Company”) act as Coordinators between you (the Client/Patient) and the Hospitals, Clinics, surgeons, doctors, other practitioners, hoteliers, transportation providers and providers of other related services which may from time to time be used by “The Company” to provide a complete packaged service on behalf of you the “the Client/Patient. All Bookings for Surgery are made by Laser Clinics (France) Ltd (and/or associated Companies) with various Hospitals, Surgeries, Clinics and other medical practitioners throughout France and Belgium, on “the client/patients” behalf.
You are obligated in the first instance to liaise with your appointed coordinator at Laser Clinics (France) Ltd (and/or associated Companies) only, and not the Hospital or Surgeon with whom your surgery may be booked. Your Coordinator is your initial point of contact at all times and will offer help and advice specific to you personally, to ensure that all elements of your booking are arranged and delivered in accordance with your requirements in a timely manner.
In the event of any Medical or surgical problems or concerns following surgery you should seek medical advice at the earliest opportunity by contacting the Surgeon and/or Hospital where the procedure took place. Furthermore, you are advised to e-mail or write to the Surgeon or Hospital where the surgery or procedure took place, with a copy to “Laser Clinics (France) Ltd” so that the details can be logged and recorded for future reference. This procedure is for your own protection and we strongly advice compliance to avoid any complications or disputes.
Immediately following surgery each “Client/Patient” will be given written instructions by the Doctor, Surgeon or Hospital how to make contact with them should the need arise. Our Practitioners and Hospitals endeavour to exercise due diligence to minimise risks where possible, however all surgery carries an element of risk.
Laser Clinics (France) Ltd and/or associated Companies will in no circumstances whatsoever be deemed to be liable or held responsible for any Medical/surgical problems or related complications which may occur during, or following any Surgery, medical procedure or treatment undertaken. Any claims of a surgical/medical nature must be referred to the appropriate Surgeon, Practitioner or Hospital.
Cancellations Cancellations by Clients
- TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO OPERATION IF NO CONSULTATIONS HAVE TAKEN PLACE WE (Laser Clinics (France) Ltd) WILL REFUND ANY MONIES PAID IN ADVANCE, LESS £300 FOR ADMIN COSTS AND CONSULTANTS CANCELATION CHARGES.
- TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO OPERATION IF CONSULTATIONS HAVE TAKEN PLACE WE WILL REFUND ANY MONIES PAID IN ADVANCE, LESS £300 FOR ADMIN COSTS AND CONSULTANTS FEES.
- SEVEN WORKING DAYS PRIOR TO OPERATION NO REFUND Any cancellations made by clients within 7 working days (working days = Monday to Friday) of any pre booked or scheduled consultations and surgeries will forfeit any monies or fees of any kind paid in advance..
- DEPOSITS paid by “clients” for “Special Offer Promotional Rates and Contracts” will be held by “The Company“. All Booking must be “Taken Up” within 12 Months of the Original Booking. If for any reason beyond the control of the “The Company” the Consultations or Procedures are not completed prior to this 12 Months Period, These Deposits are deemed NON REFUNDABLE.
- CANCELLATIONS BY CLIENTS WHERE DEPOSITS HAVE BEEN MADE and paid by “clients” for “Special Offer Promotional Rates and Contracts” will be held by “The Company” UNTIL AT LEAST 30 DAYS following the date of any pre-Booked Consultations or procedures” when such appointments have been cancelled by the client for whatever reason. Any such refunds will be made LESS an Administrative charge of £ 300.00 Sterling.
- PAYMENTS MADE IN FULL and paid by “clients” for “Special Offer Promotional Rates and Contracts” will be held by “The Company“. All Booking must be “Taken Up” within 12 Months of the Original Booking. If for any reason beyond the control of the “The Company” the Consultations or Procedures are not completed prior to this 12 Months Period, These PAYMENTS are deemed NON REFUNDABLE
- CANCELLATIONS BY CLIENTS WHERE PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE IN FULL and paid by “clients” for “Special Offer Promotional Rates and Contracts” will be held by “The Company” UNTIL AT LEAST 30 DAYS following the date of any pre-Booked Consultations or procedures” when such appointments have been cancelled by the client for whatever reason. Any such refunds will be made LESS an Administrative charge of £ 300.00 Sterling.
- Under no circumstances whatsoever will the clients enter into any discussions or negotiations with the Hopsital or Surgeons directly. Any such attempts will be deemed to be in breach of contract and all funds will be forfeited. All transaction and agreements are exclusively made between you, the client, and Laser Clinics (France) Ltd
Cancellation by Surgeons
DUE TO THE NATURE OF SURGICAL PROCEDURES, THE SURGEON MAY DECIDE NOT TO PROCEED WITH THE INTENDED SURGERY FOR MEDICAL REASONS AND THE HEALTH ISSUES THAT COULD ARISE FOR THE PATIENT IF AN OPERATION TOOK PLACE. THE SURGEON MAY ALSO DECIDE NOT TO PROCEED WITH THE INTENDED SURGERY IF THERE HAS BEEN “NON DISCLOSURE” BY THE PATIENT OF PREVIOUS ABDOMINAL OPERATIONS WHICH COULD EFFECT THE SURGEONS ABILITY TO CARRY OUT THE INTENDED SURGERY. NO REFUNDS UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DUE.
- Due to the nature of Surgical Procedures, surgeons or anaesthetist commitments, and other unforeseen medical requirements it is inevitable that there may be times when circumstances for pre booked Operations have to be re-scheduled. At such times Laser Clinics (France) Ltd and or associated Companies reserve the right to offer alternative dates for Consultations and surgical procedures.
- On such occasions Laser Clinics (France) Ltd will liaise with the Clinics concerned to re-schedule at times that are acceptable to both the clinics and the client. Further to this, Laser Clinics (France) Ltd and or associated Companies will undertake to offer 2 alternative dates wherever possible.
- If such re-scheduled dates are not accepted by the client for whatever reason, then Laser Clinics (France) Ltd reserve the rights to refund up to 50% only of any funds previously paid in advance to Bariatric Hospitals Ltd. and or associated Companies
- Any cancellations made by clients within 7 working days of any pre booked or scheduled consultations and surgeries will forfeit any monies or fees of any kind paid in advance..
- Under no circumstances whatsoever will the clients enter into any discussions or negotiations with the Clinics or Surgeons directly. Any such attempts will be deemed to be in breach of contract and all funds will be forfeited. All transaction and agreements are exclusively made between you, the client, and Laser Clinics (France) Ltd and.or associated Companies.
- The terms of the Company Policy are applicable only between the “The Client” and “the Company”. Under no circumstances whatsoever shall “the Company” be deemed liable for any other costs of parties or persons who may be traveling as a companion to the client.
At the consultation, if you request additional surgery, and the surgeon agrees, you will be required to pay the additional charges prior to your operation. You will then need to make arrangements at a Local Bank for this cash to to be made available prior to the operation taking place. At most banks in France you can draw cash from either your credit cards or debit cards to obtain the extra payment that is required. The Hospitals do not accept payment by credit-cards.
This individual pricing is required due to the fact that each patients needs vary according to the requirements of any surgical procedures and aftercare which will be required to complete the surgery
All procedures and operations are conducted in our Private, Registered Clinics, Surgeries and Hospitals in France or Belgium which are regulated by French or Belgian, and/or other EEC Medical Authorities.
Our philosophy is to offer surgery at sensible prices, without compromise in the standards of care and expertise. A successful outcome to surgery can only be achieved with highly qualified surgeons, Working with expert anaesthetist and dedicated support teams. We at Laser Clinics (France) Ltd endeavor to combine these essentials of service at a reasonable cost.
- There are risks associated with any Surgery, and these should be discussed with the surgeon at the time of your initial consultation.
- It is the responsibility of Patients to attend our Hospital for Consultations and Medical Procedures at the appointed times.
- At the Hospitals you will have your own private room, with private facilities.
- On arrival at the Hospital you will be interviewed by the Anaesthetist who will discuss with you your general health and medical history. You will be required to bring with you any medications which you currently take to enable the Anaesthetist to decide on your requirements for the Surgery
- The balance of the cost for the surgery must be paid prior to being admitted to the Hospital, and must be paid in Euros at the rate of exchange prevailing at that time.
- We will advise you on the most appropriate and cost effective travel arrangements, with Airlines, Ferry operators, or Channel Tunnel etc
- In cases where overnight stays are required the night before, or for accompanying relatives or friends, we can arrange for accommodation in local Hotels and B & B establishments at special rates.
- Arrangements can be made to meet Patients at the appropriate terminal or station for onward transportation to the Hospitals, or to your overnight accommodation.
In most cases follow up and aftercare can be conducted by your own GP or Healthcare provider in the UK. In cases where follow up visits and after care are required by our Surgeons following Gastric Band Surgery we will where possible, arrange for this to take place at Private Consulting rooms in one of our aftercare centres situated in various Locations of The UK and Ireland. You will be advised when and where to attend. We aim for complete customer satisfaction and all procedures are regularly monitored to ensure complete satisfaction.